Internship Mechanical Engineering
|Title||:||Voice coil actuator redesign|
|Start||:||In alignment with student (September 2018)|
|Duration||:||+/- 6 months|
|Education level||:||Bachelor / Academic|
DEMCON has developed a Voice coil actuator (VCA) for medical purposes. With the production facilities located in Enschede, DEMCON also accommodates its customer with the production of these voice coil actuators. The demand of the customer is to decrease the cost price of the VCA, including production of mono-parts and (sub)-assembly process. Using the lessons learned so far, together with your ‘fresh look’ it is your task to develop a complete redesign of the Voice coil actuator.
During your internship you will be introduced in the development process of the current VCA. In this phase you will have discussions with different disciplines on (system, mechanical, production and procurement). You will work on (one of) the following subjects:
- Functional concept design of the actuator:
- VCA principle;
- Required therapy forces;
- Material properties.
- Joining techniques (for production).
- Design with different production techniques, for example;
- Injection moulding for plastics/metals;
- (High speed) milling;
- laser cutting.
- Several calculations need te be performed to fulfil the requirements:
- Magnetic performance;
- Bolt strength and required pretension;
- Max (fatigue) stress;
- Heat generation.
- Analysis of cost-price, both on mono-part level as well as on assembly level;
- Setup of the production process:
- Assembly tooling;
Are we a match?
If you would like to receive more information concerning the internship, you can contact Rick Brunninkhuis, Mechanical Engineer (phone 088 115 2000). If you would like to apply for the internship, please send your motivation letter and resume to Marleen Blanckenborg, recruiter (e-mail: email@example.com)